In a number of industries, the pumps play an important role in day-to-day processes. Mechanical seals play an important role in avoiding any leakage from the rotating shaft and the stationary pump casing. A lot of industries though face issues with frequent damage caused to the mechanical seals which in reality should not happen.
The First thing that comes in mind that there might be some quality problem with the seal but when it happens with seals from different companies, we need into dig more in the situation. According to the reputed mechanical seal manufacturer in India, the following 6 reasons are found to be the major causes of damage to the mechanical seals.
- Dry pumps: For the longer life of a mechanical seal, it is very important that it get lubricated with the liquid that flows in the pump. If you let it dry out, a minor shock can shatter the whole seal in seconds.
- Unnatural vibrations: If there is some imbalance in the pump or it is not properly aligned, it may cause vibrations which are not common. These vibrations can cause damage to the seals as they fail to counter the effect.
- The use of hammer: When it comes to pumps, hammers are not a good friend. The mechanical seals are strong under certain conditions but they are too fragile to tolerate any hammering.
- Operational errors: There is a proper procedure that the operator has to follow before starting the pump. In case the security procedures and regular functional checks are not done, a sudden shock or vibration may occur which can cause the damage to the mechanical seals.
- Improper inclusion or complete disregard of the flush plan: Mechanical flush plans are very critical. If the proper flush plan is not present, the contamination may cause severe damages to the seals.
- Improper selection of the seal: It is very important to choose the right seal for your project. In case you choose the wrong seal for your pump, you have opened doors for the damage from the very first second.
Mechanical seals are designed to last for longer period of time and if you are facing issues with the seal, you should contact a good mechanical seal manufacturer in Ahmedabad who can help you in proper selection.
The contemporary world has discovered new ingredients that not only simplifies manufacturing procedures but also provides sustainable development paradigms. Obsolete are the days when usage of acid and base were restricted to government facilities. Today industries are using acid for cleaning, baking and different integral processes.
Use of acid in manufacturing has helped industries with cost cutting and has simplified varied manufacturing procedures. Acid surely has a lot of benefits but it also comes with its share of cons. One needs to handle acid’s container really careful to avoid dangerous accidents.
Teflon bellow seal is helping industries and workers avoid accident and burns. These Teflon seals can handle corrosive and highly corrosive liquids like HCL acid. Acid containers and boilers can be sealed using Teflon bellow mechanical seal to avoid seepage and spilling of dangerous gasses from boilers.
Development of new and unique seals like Teflon bellow seal has leveraged the modern world with the power to do more without putting lives at risk. Use of Teflon bellow mechanical seals for covering large boilers, condensers and pipelines are helping industries reduce causalities and also turn manufacturing procedures economical.
Some of the most common benefits of using these seals for locking and covering bottles, boilers and pipes:
- These seals come in all shapes and sizes that facilitate easier management and movement of acids.
- Protect workers and machines against all harmful and corrosive acids like Sulfuric, Hydrochloric and also alkaline liquids.
- These seals can be rotated at an average speed of 25m/s, which reduces effort on worker’s part and fasten procedures.
- One can depend on these seals for avoiding hazardous accidents and ensuring a safe working environment.
Administrative entities from around the world are making it compulsory for industries to use quality seals that prevent spillage and seepage of corrosive liquids. The paradigm change is helping industries make the modern world a better and a safer place to live.
Usage of Teflon bellow seal has stirred happiness in lives of people working in large industries that involves a sumptuous use of acid and harmful chemicals for manufacturing.
A rotary pump is a mechanical or electrical device that is used in various industrial settings for carrying out different purposes. Sometimes a rotary pump can be both mechanical and electrical at the same time. They are frequently used for removing or siphoning out various contents present within a barrel or a drum. In order to carry out this task, the rotary drum pump is first fitted into the opening of a drum or barrel that is to be emptied or filled. The majority of the pumps that are currently available in the market are designed in a way so as to provide easy and safe transfer of different types of liquids, including those that are difficult to handle such as acids, bases and solvents.
By using these pumps, the industrial workers can easily and quickly get the containers filled or emptied. They can also avoid all instances of spills and splashes. Different types of rotary pump models are available in the market and they all come with varying tube lengths that can be used to carry out a wide number of tasks. The transportation of varying types of chemicals is needed to be performed by different pumping devices. Among the chemicals that can be transported by using these rotary pumps include sodium chloride, mercuric cyanide, calcium chloride, acetone and boric acid.
When choosing rotary drum pumps, one needs to be very careful in choosing them. The specific materials for which they are to be used should be considered well in advance as not every pump can handle all kinds of liquids and substances. Understand that no single pumping device is universally chemical resistant. While it is true that these pumps actually do the main work of handling the chemicals, you should follow standard security procedures while handling hazardous chemicals.
Pumping devices are extensively used in various industrial settings for carrying out a range of important functions. These pumping tools are built to withstand critical working conditions that are characterized by high pressure or high temperature conditions. So let’s have a brief look at hydrostatic test pumps and hydraulic testing pumps; two of the most commonly used pumping mechanisms.
Hydrostatic Test Pump
A hydro testing pump or a hydrostatic test pump is basically a specific type of pumping device that is extensively used in industrial areas for testing the hydrostatic pressure quotient of different devices. The procedure of hydrostatic pressure testing is considered an essential one and it is used to detect leaks or defects on boilers, cylinders, hoses, pipes, castings, pressure vessels, cross country pipelines and valves. Hydro test pump manufacturers in India design and develop these pumps in a number of different models, each of which is known to deliver high precision detection results. The best pumps enable users to detect even the smallest tears, fissures and holes with great clarity and accuracy. While most hydro testing pump manufacturers design them in stock models, they can also create custom pumping solutions according to the special needs of individual customers.
Hydraulic Testing Pump
A hydraulic test pump can be defined as a device that is used for pressure testing various types of commercial water systems like water meters, boilers, plumbing lines, gas cylinders, sprinkler systems, solar systems, pressure vessels and metal casting parts. These water systems are tested well before they are installed in various public buildings and private homes. The hydraulic test pump offers low cost means of testing high pressure applications such as car washing and jetting applications. The pumps are fitted with electric motors that help to reach an expected pressure point quickly, thus allowing to save on labor expenses.